Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hill Call

©Anjani Kumar Tripathi/Indian Railways/Ambikapur
Pilkha mountain Ambikapur/Google view
Pilkha mountain Ambikapur/Google view

I got posted to a new place and the first day while driving to my work place on a cold December morning, I was just hemmed in the thought of my lost surroundings and friends.

Suddenly on my right window, I saw an image of misty mountain taking shape gradually. For a while, I saw it was a chain of two or three.....
For a second I felt if I was not alone.

Since then we have grown a link with each other. Every morning they are on my right side, as if assuring me; and evenings when I am back from office, they are on left, as if saying, never mind..never be tired..we are together.

When I plan my journey, they are the first to greet me on the railway station, and when I am back....they cast a heavenly shadow and I feel if I am riding on a toy-train of my childhood.

Note:
Last two pictures of the described place were obtained with the help of 'Google Map'.

No comments:

Post a Comment