Thursday, December 4, 2014

People of Chhattisgarh (छत्तीसगढ़िया): village down foothill

We meet amazing people in our life.

Though strangers they are
but bear character of profound depth and diversity.

Their story
quote with photograph 
makes it magical-reality,
as if this being an incredible act of 
freezing a fleeting moment.



Portrait of strangers, inhabitants of a state
vibrant monologue of human life
to share herewith !!
========================================== 


"Yes, I have crop field, but it's all up to God."
"If it rains, then we do it."
"It is like famine."
Raja Dashrath Pando,
Pando hill tribe
Pandonagar, near Ambikapur























"What's your age?"
"105 years or more, don't remember now."
"What are your best memories?"
"He came to us (Rajendra Prasad, first President of India, in 1952), gave me cloths, Sari, ration (food grains), Nagar (bullocks & harrow tool), three Chhind (leafy roof top) homes to each of us."

Gendi Bai,
Pando hill tribe
Pandonagar, near Ambikapur

















"I'm in this Krishna temple since I was 11 year old."
"King brought my father-in-law as priest for worshiping. He passed away. My mother-in-law arranged my marriage."
"Do you remember him?"
"No, I haven't seen him."
Maheshwari Pandey, 
Pahadgaon, near Ambikapur

No comments:

Post a Comment