Thursday, February 19, 2015

Fruits of pilgrimage: people of Chhattisgarh (छत्तीसगढ़िया)

We meet amazing people in our life.  
Though strangers they are but bear character of profound depth and diversity.


Their story quote with photograph 
makes it magical-reality, as if this being an incredible act of  freezing a fleeting moment.

Portrait of strangers, inhabitants of a state
vibrant monologue of human life
to share herewith !!





"I am the one who started sowing tomato and potato crops first time in this village."


Which crop you are sowing right now ?

"Onion, Okra, Corn."

And you do it alone ?

"I have 15 acres of land. Which is sufficient to us. My son helps me a lot. Since last three generations we are singles in the family. My grand father, me and my son....one in the generations. I have all the machines, tools, tractor, motors needed for the farming."

And your success credit goes to ?

"Did you see the sudden rains we had last night. It came from the Himalayas. Clouds comes from Badrinath and water from the Rameshwaram."

"These are the holy places for the Hindus, which I have visited all."

"Gangotri, Yamunotri, Badrinath, Kedarnath, Haridwar, Gangasagar, Puri, Rameshwaram, Kanyakumari, Tirupati bala, Madurai, Dwarikadheesh, Vrindawan, Gokul, Mathura, Ayodhya, Allahabad." 

"Gangotri is the coldest place of all in northern Himalayas."

"Grace of god is so important in our lives."

Sadharan Ram, Saraitikra near Ambikapur
Sadharan Ram with son Budhan Ram, Saraitikra near Ambikapur
Sadharan Ram, Saraitikra near Ambikapur
Sadharan Ram, Saraitikra near Ambikapur

No comments:

Post a Comment