Wednesday, January 7, 2015

People of Chhattisgarh (छत्तीसगढ़िया): grief within

We meet amazing people in our life.
Though strangers they are
but bear character of profound depth and diversity.

Their story quote with photograph 
makes it magical-reality,

as if this being an incredible act of 
freezing a fleeting moment.


Portrait of strangers, inhabitants of a state

vibrant monologue of human life
to share herewith !!









"My grief is not leaving me, 'Guru ji'!!"

"Why it is so?"

"It has been 3-4 years ago, my brother died. He was double M.A., employed in government hospital. My fate changed ever since. For a year or two, I was mentally not okay. 
Things may turn for better if I can arrange marriage of his son with a 'good' girl."

"And if you don't find a 'good' girl for him."

"Then my grief is going to overpower me for all time."
Nan Sai, Saraitikra near Ambikapur
Nan Sai, Saraitikra near Ambikapur

No comments:

Post a Comment